Thursday, August 21, 2008

The Climb, Camp, Pedal, Swim Trip

Well thanks to Aunt Laura, Grandma Brenda and let's not forget the 3 M's (Maren, Maddie and Mason) Damon and I were able to get away for 3 days and have a little alone time.



We started the festivities off by visiting the Manti Temple. A rare occasion with three small kids and 1 1/2 drive each way. It was exactly what we needed to put things into perspective and set the tune for our trip.



Then we hit some rock climbing and camping at Maple Canyon, the whole time munching on a bag of red ripe cherries!





The next morning we headed over to Diamond Fork for some mountain biking and hot pots! Then we headed to Provo for some relaxation, shopping and PF Changs (mmm lettuce wraps).



When checking in to our hotel that night Damon was asking what a suite cost. The receptionist said $150. Damon said, "Do you have a "first time away from the kids in 6 years" rate?" The receptionist laughed and gave him the suite for $99! Yahoo! At about midnight we headed to Walmart for some Ben and Jerry's ice cream. (I know our spontaneity is out of control)



The next day we headed over to BYU to pick up a free football poster and schedule. We waved to the team as we drove by! It was a great trip and I personally am more excited to spend every waking moment with my children!

5 comments:

dev said...

wow. totally impressed with the potpourri of crazy stuff you did....it sounds very fun! nothing like some really good ice cream in the middle of the night...

and good job to your hubs for hooking up with the "first time in a long time" rate!! :)

Olinselot said...

so freakin' cool! what a fun weekend....I'm totally envy of your adventurous weekend. Looks like you got lots of fun pictures and had some good times. miss ya

Amy Jo Romney said...

Sounds fun shawna! Hey, just wanted to let you know that Benja and I have a blog now. Its not very good. Its www.benjaminamyjo.blogspot.com.
Love ya,
Amy Jo

Amanda said...

You like lettuce wraps too?? I love, love, lettuce wraps. Jake thinks they are discusting though, so I don't get to eat them often. I wish that Jake and I could have gone camping with you guys! Looks like you had a great time!!

Clarke and Kamie said...

ah, I'm jealous. I haven't had a night away in a year. I need one!!! Um...who took the pics?
those falls are gorgeous.