Sunday, September 30, 2007

I do all my own stunts

Okay, I know you've all seen them, those shirts for little kids that have those funny sayings on them. Well we found a perfect one for Corbin. It says, "I do all my own stunts". A week after we got this shirt for Corbin my brother, Mike, sent me the exact same shirt in the mail for him. (reaffirming that this kid is a lethal weapon...to himself) I'll elaborate on why this phrase fits Corbin so perfectly. His first crucial accident was at his grandma Andreasen's. He climbed up on the window seat and managed to fall face first onto the leg of the rocking chair right beside it. This accident took us on an adventure to the hospital. Eight stitches and an hour of howling later we were home.


On a nice day this summer the boys were out front playing some baseball. Corbin, on Cru's command, was the pitcher once again. Corbin got a bit too close when letting loose of the ball and Cru popped him in the eye....if you're about to scroll up to check and see if it is the same eye, save your energy. It's the same eye.


Just this week Corbin was distraught with boredom so we went to the playground by Cru's school. We played for a while on one side of the playground. I watched Corbin as he locked is sights on a dinosaur slide across the way. He took off running, looking at how fast his feet were going (a family trait huh Mike!). Anyway I turned to get Ava out of the swing and I heard a vibrating BONG! Corbin ran into a metal bar that was stretched across his path. I turned and he was flat on his back. A huge goose egg right between his eyes formed right away. I don't have a picture of it yet...the bruise is still forming. (I'd like to have the full effect before recording it with the camera) I should have had one of those shirts back in my day of farm stunts.
He's had many other accidents but I'll save you the "Yikes" and "Ouches". Although I laugh about his stunt skills I shudder every time I hear that cry...the one that is different than all others. I hate seeing my kids get hurt. I'm just happy to know that my hugs and kisses can help now. Later in life I don't think I'll be able to soothe them so easily.
March 26th 2008
Corbin was doing a superman pose while swinging on the swing and must have underestimated his balancing skills and fell head first into the gravel. Once we got the rocks out of his nose and the blood and dirt washed off I was grateful to see all his teeth were still in the right places.

2 comments:

Becca said...

I love that picture of you with the black eyes--it makes me laugh every time.

Amanda said...

Ha ha ha!! Shawna that is hillarious!!! I am glad to see you can be empathetic to your kids!