Wednesday, October 8, 2008

My Unspectacular Quirks

I got tagged by Amy and Jinger to reveal 6 unspectacular quirks about myself. Usually I shy away from this sort of thing but since two of you tagged me I guess that's a sign that I should make these quirks publicly known...that's if you haven't already noticed them.

Unspectacular quirk # 1...........
When I'm sitting in a chair and I have bare feet I try to spread my toes as wide as they will go on the floor. For some reason my toes feel like a unitoe. My little toe curves right next to my other and so on and so forth. I'd rather have flintstone feet.

Unspectacular quirk # 2 ...............
I can't stand eating the little fake rubbery bacon they put on fast food sandwiches. I always take it off. I always order something with bacon because it sounds good on the menu though. Give me a thick slice that's more meat than fat and I'm in heaven with a BLT.

Unspectacular quirk # 3.............
I go on ear cleaning spurts. Sometimes I have an itch to grab a Q-tip 6 times a day!

Unspectacular quirk # 4...............
I totally pace when I'm talking on the phone. I have a racetrack I subconsciously create and follow.

Unspectacular quirk # 5 .................
I can't just walk up the stairs in our house. I have to run, skipping steps or bend over and use my hands too. I guess this has stayed with me since my childhood.

Unspectacular quirk # 6.............
When I'm nervous I let out a nervous laugh after everything I say. My hubby pointed this one out to me and I never noticed it until he said something. Now I realize I do it ALLLLLLL the time. I'm working on that though. Pretty soon you all will think I'm always calm, cool and collected.

Now comes the tagging part. Although I love all sorts of tag games this is the exception. So here it goes Becca, Jamie, Heather, Jennie, Kristine and Kerri. Please don't hate me :-) Now I'm waiting in anticipation!

6 comments:

Becca said...

I have the same #5 quirk--I ooooooways skip steps. I wish I could say it's because I'm so fit and energetic, but it's just because I've done it since I was a kid. Because right now I am anything BUT fit and energetic. The stairs at my house are kicking my tail. Whew.

Can't wait so see you, Shawna! When are you guys headed up to the Gem State next? And, um, maybe there are some really great counseling jobs in Soda Springs, you know? I think Damen needs to start looking.

AMPM said...

I walk around the house cleaning little odd things while I am on the phone. The I get finished and can't remember where I put anything!!

Kristine said...

I obeyed your command and wrote my quirks.

I too can't walk upstairs. I always run. And when I am nervous and talking on the phone I pace like crazy.

Jennifer said...

I love the toe thing! I'm the opposite. When I sit with bare feet, I'm always curling my toes under - perhaps it's my subconscious trying to hide my ugly feet. Too much running over the years. They're not pretty!

I saw your boys' ski picture on "Nature for Kids" and wanted to remind you to invite us sometime when you go skiing. Giovanna and Kenneth are good little skiers, and we'd like to start Paul this year. It would be a good time to ski together. Keep us in mind.

crapo family said...

Shawna - wow! I am so excited to find someone who is as much a q-tip freak as myself! I thought I was the only one! Ava is so big! I wish you guys still lived close by:(

Amanda said...

Fun Fun Fun!! Love Corbin! I am so glad that he is comfortable being himself in Primary! He is SO funny! Wonder where he gets that from.

Mand