Thursday, October 18, 2007

Not in front of the GUYS!

Well when Cru was eating breakfast this morning he said, "Mom, maybe before we go out to the bus you can kiss me in here so that those boys don't see." I wanted to cry. Cru has now become aware of others and is now concerned about what they think. Oh man! A very small portion of his childhood has been washed away. So I did away with our routine kiss on the sidewalk and gave him a big hug and kiss inside and then walked him out to the bus stop where the other BIG boys were waiting. What's next? ...Mom give me the keys, I'll drive. AHHHHH! He's growing up too fast.

2 comments:

Kristine said...

that is funny and sad. at least he lets you do it at home still. it will be a sad day when he no longer wants any hugs or kisses.

Becca said...

Awwww. I'm sad for you, Shawna. Truman hides his uncomfortableness by turning it into a joke and hugging me annoyingly tight and saying "GROUP HUG!" really loud even though it is just the two of us.