Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Infant To Toddler

It's amazing how much a child changes in it's first year of life. They come into the world curled in a little ball and sleep almost all of the time. A good 12 months later and they're
aerating potted plants




and eating wood chips two at a time.







Along with these new skills Ava has mastered the sad puppy dog look. It works on her dad every time.

These last couple of weeks I have gotten glimpses of Ava becoming a toddler. Her neck and legs seem longer and she is beginning to show her attitude during our daily interactions. That first year seems so slow when I think of all the exhausting late nights and "I don't know why she's crying!" moments. But it seems to have gone too fast when I think of all the cradling and cooing. Here is a short video of Ava's first go at walking. She's a pro now, with shoes and all.

1 comments:

Becca said...

Yes! I'm glad my kids aren't the only wood-chip eaters. That picture is adorable! When Truman was about one, he pulled a big ball of dust and hair from the broom and stuck it in his mouth. It still makes my throat constrict when I think of it.

That Ava is a DOLL! I can't wait for my own little butterball to arrive. Love your blog, by the way--keep 'em coming!