Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Halloween Happenings

Finally my children are as interested in the holidays as I am! When our first child was born I thought to myself, "YES, now I have someone who will get as excited as me!" Little did I know it would take 5 years for that child to grow and actually understand how absolutely rad Halloween and Christmas are. But this year is the one...the one where Cru and Corbin are counting down the days and hours. I can see it now... them filling their bags to the brim with candy and sorting it out on the floor into categories. (Corbin doesn't need preschool he just needs halloween every other day) This year Cru decided to be a storm trooper. Corbin followed his Star Wars stricken brother by being Jango Fett. And of course I had to follow suit with Ava as Princess Leia. It's been great fun. It's amazing what you can make with paper mache', yarn and a hot glue gun. We had a family Halloween party with an "Out Of This World" theme. Damon went as an ASStronaut. We put a name tag on him that said "Jack". (I'll let you figure that one out) He also wore a "180 IQ" patch on his suit...so he was also a smart a%$. His hat said "nASSa". I decided to go along with the kids' star wars theme and was Chewbecky. (The female version of Chewbacca). It was pretty darn gross but way fun. We also have taken the kids to a couple carnivals already. Tonight we'll take them around the neighborhood. They're just as excited for Christmas. A Hasbro toy magazine came in the mail and they already have it circled and worn to bits. I knew I could count on these little guys to make things exciting again! We hope you all have a Happy Halloween and enjoy the remainder of the holiday season! Let us know what you're costumes were this year!

2 comments:

Kristine said...

great costumes. I love Damon's. I was dying laughing just reading about it.

Becca said...

I LOVE it. I'm sorry, but Ava wins the prize for best costume, and i hope you don't mind if I copy you and make Mollie into Princess Leia next year. ASStronaut and Chewbecky--you guys are nuts!