Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Video games are fun but.....

I love playing video games, especially my college football games....But one day I came home and saw this. (This is all 3 kids and SHAWNA!)
I guess the glare from the windows was a little too much for the avid gamers in my home. Needless to say we needed out of the house.

We decided to go bouldering (climbing on large boulders with no ropes) up Huntington Canyon. It was interesting driving up the canyon due to all the flags honoring the lost miners and rescuers from the recent collapses.

We finally found our spot but it was quickly getting dark so we climbed a little and then got the kids going.

We hooked the chalk bags on each of them and talked them through the first part, they still didn't quite catch on.

Next came the explanation that climber's chalk was the same stuff that Spiderman used when shooting his webs. That's all it took! We climbed till dark.

Virtual reality is fun, but ACTUAL reality is so much more!

1 comments:

Becca said...

Yes! I love those cute little Andreason boys--funny how Spiderman can motivate kids to do anything.