Thursday, November 15, 2007

BYU Women's Football Camp

I think all of you know by now that our family are avid BYU football fans. This blue blood, I am learning, is hereditary and comes through the Andreasen blood line. At the beginning of each season the football organization at BYU holds a women's camp. Damon's father Gary said it was the only time he would be willing to dress up like a girl. This was my first time attending the camp. I have to say it was the most fun I've had in a long time. My two sister-in-laws and mother-in-law went to this fun filled event with me. It was pretty much a riot. Now think about a riot on the news. People running around hitting each other and things flying everywhere. That's pretty much how it was. Over 400 women trying to get Max Halls autograph (which I did by the way). It was pretty sweet though. We met the players and coaches, toured the facilities and played on the field. Unfortunately my mother-in-law suffered a knee injury during the drills she was running and had to have her knee scoped...but no fear she caught the ball! (I guess the doctor looked at her funny during her appointment. When he saw her age and the cause of the injury on the paper he thought there was a typo). She's doing much better now and is the central pride of all her sons. The thing that was surprising is that all these players are amazing upstanding young men. They work extremely hard in the community and in school and not one of them was a snob. I was impressed. They're on their way to becoming conference champs...once again! We'll be going to the Utah game next weekend! GO COUGS!


(This has got to be my favorite picture. Jinger and Max leading the pack through the tunnel to the field!)





(This is Harvey Unga, RB, I beleive he has the leading yards rushing so far at BYU)

1 comments:

Becca said...

Rise and shout, the cougars are out! Oh Boogs, always gettin' crazy with the football playas.