Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Tag - 6 things you don't know

My good friend Becca Renfroe tagged me. And in this game of tag she related 6 things that her friends didn't know about her. Now that she has tagged me it's my turn to divulge the unknown to you.
1. - When growing up I always ate "hot-lunch" at school. My mom never packed lunches for me and I don't blame her. I pack my husband's lunch now and it's not very fun. I can't imagine packing lunches for my kids too. The school lunches are priced really well anyway. I did however have a "herself the elf" lunch box with matching thermos. I can still remember the smell of it. (weird I know) It was kinda milky. I got to use this sweet lunch box on field trips and outings with my family. I have to say my favorite school lunch was chili with crackers, cheese sticks, chocolate milk and drum roll please.........maple bars! Thank goodness for lunch-lady land!
2.- I love my bed. Sometimes I watch my dog, Skadi, prepare to sleep. She turns in a circle and paws at her bed and then plops down and curls in a ball. Then she rubs her nose into the fabric and lets out a big sigh. That's how I am. Only I like to get a running start before I jump on my bed. My philosophy on beds is that they are the closests things to our mothers. We as grownups don't have anyone to dress, feed or bathe us. But we do have something to hold us and keep us warm every night!
3.- I own 5 pairs of bright colored, warm, fuzzy socks. My husband bought these for me after I continually put my toes in the crook of his leg (behind his knees or like my nephew use to say...leg-pit) after climbing into bed at night. Needless to say, I use a pair almost every day.
4.- I have a thing for pasleys. I didn't realize this until recently. I got to looking around my house and noticed a pattern forming. My wardrobe, curtains and bedspread all have some form or color of pasleys on them. I'm just drawn to that type of pattern for some reason. It has an earthy, artistic, comfort feel to me. But don't get me wrong I'm all up for tye-dye and polka-dots too.
5.- I like riding my bike. Although I don't do it as much as I would like to. It allows me to be independent. I remember one day I was loading my groceries and (at the moment) whining kids in the car after a long and frustrating trip to the store. My hands were full, my back hurt and I had a headache. A girl road by on her bike at the exact moment that I was feeling totally consumed by my kids and duties as a mom. I thought to myself, "Man I wish I could have my own little bubble right now and ride by myself on a dirt trail in the mountains" I wanted to be alone and get out all of my frustrations through peddaling the heck out of my bike. So now when I do get the chance that's exactly what I do. That experience has made me appreciate that time alone much more.
6. - My favorite Disney movie is "Cinderella". And my favorite Disney character is Gus Gus the mouse. I'm always quoting the movie to my kids and they're always telling me to stop it. "Raker Reasy Cluck Cluck" "Duh Duh Happy Birfday Cinderelly"

4 comments:

Kristine said...

I use to love the weird but always familiar smell of my lunch box thermos too. my favorite school lunch was the turkey, gray and mashed potatoes with the big chocolate chip cookies. now a days kids just eat pizza hut and taco bell. so spoiled.

Becca said...

What the heck is "herself the elf"?

Yes! I loved reading your tags. I had hot lunch, too, and I can't even tell you how glad I am that Truman loves having hot lunch at school. I go to eat with him on pizza day.

Gran Linda said...

Hey, I love my bed too, it's my nest at night and when I'm really really tired or sick, it's my comfort zone where I am safe.

Laura said...

ARE YOU REALLY MY SISTER? You are way to funny and unique to be out of the same mold of boring BRYANTS. Guess what my favorite fruit was at hot lunch. Those canned plums that no one liked. I would eat everyone elses!!! Yum Yum!